3: Getting Started How To
these steps to get going on the User Interface machine (UI):
Step 4 will ask your grid certificate passphrase and you will be issued
a grid proxy ticket.
- login to UI (make
sure your grid user certificate and key files are properly copied to .globus directory in your home
(bash only at present)
- source ~vipin/gLite/etc/profile.d/grid_env.sh
- voms-proxy-init -voms cms
One can test this by "voms-proxy-info"
Basic Setup required before doing step 2, 3 and 4
"cms" "lcg-voms.cern.ch" "15002"
- Create a directory .glite in your home area and create another
directory "vomses" under this.
- shortcut to do the above is: mkdir -p
.glite/vomses (in your home on UI machine)
- Create a file with the name "cms-lcg-voms.cern.ch" in vomses
directory created in above step
[NB: This is one single line]
Modified 9th Oct, 2007